Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Morning

Hearing footsteps, I slowly being to awake. I can hear footsteps going from the bedroom, to the bathroom, to the front room. "I wonder what's up" I think to myself. Heading to the bathroom for the usual "morning visit". Walking out into the living room I ask her "Everything ok?" "I don't feel good, I feel sick." She replies. I respond by saying, " Oh that just means your pregnant." From the look on her face she isn't amused in the slightest. "No, I just feel kind of, you know, yucky," was her reply. "When you're done with what you're doing, would you be so kind to accompany me to the bed?" I inquire. "Alright just give me a second to finish this up." she replied dryly. I turn and go to the bedroom. I do a few warm up exercises to build body heat, and I crawl under the blankets. A little times passes and she comes in the room, I peak from under the blankets, "You really are beautiful" a compliment that doesn't seem to be noticed. I lift up the blankets to let her crawl inside. She lies her head on her pillow. I wrap my arms around her. "My gosh you're warm", she says. I respond with, "I can't take away what ails you, but I hope this makes you feel better in some small way" I can't help but think to myself, the love I have for this woman scares me. It reaches every part of me. For the first time in my life, I feel loved, needed, wanted. I sincerely hope that there in my arms, she knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment